Spiders are among the most versatile creatures on the planet, inhabiting six of the seven continents and thriving in environments ranging from deserts and rain forests to Arctic tundra and cities. Spiders of the World is a captivating look at these wondrously adaptable and endlessly intriguing arachnids, written by six of the world's leading experts on spiders. This stunningly illustrated natural history features a wealth of spectacular color photos and covers a breathtaking array of spider species from around the globe, describing their behaviors, characteristics, and remarkable evolutionary adaptations. An incisive and engaging introduction provides an invaluable overview of the world's spiders, and is followed by in-depth profiles spanning more than 100 spider families and presented taxonomically. Each profile is organized phylogenetically and includes beautiful photography to illustrate various species within the family. There are also distribution maps, tables of essential facts, and commentaries highlighting diverse aspects of spider biology, making Spiders of the World an indispensable volume for anyone who wants to learn more about these marvelous creatures.
- Provides a richly illustrated look at spiders of all shapes and sizes from around the world
- Features hundreds of color photos and diagrams
- Spans more than 100 spider families and covers an array of different species
- Explores spider behavior, attributes, biology, and evolution
- Includes distribution maps, tables of essential facts, informative commentaries, and more
- Engages and educates readers about the unique natural history of spiders
Hardcover, 256 pages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.